Business FAQ's

  1. What licenses do I need to start a business?
    The type of license(s) you will need depends upon the type of business you are going to conduct. Further information is available on the City's Home Page under Business Licensing or you may contact Business License staff at (909) 334-3263.
  1. What permits do I need to start a business?
    The type of permits you will need depends upon the type of business you are going to operate. Please visit the Business Resource Catalogue CalGold for more information about finding the appropriate permitting information for your business.
  1. What types of signs require a sign permit?
    A Sign Permit is required for the installation of any wall, monument, directory, directional or window sign. To receive more information about sign permits, please contact the Planning Division at (909) 334-3253.
  1. What programs does the City have for start-up and existing businesses?
    The City partners with the Inland Empire Small Business Development Center (IESBDC) to provide workshops, seminars, and one-on-one consulting for start-up and existing businesses. Please contact the Economic Development Division (909) 334-3254 for further assistance.
  1. How do I do business with the City of Chino?
    If you have a product or a service that you feel may benefit the City of Chino, please contact the Purchasing Division at (909) 334-3367 to be added to the City's vendor list.
  1. Where can I find demographic information about the City of Chino?
    The City of Chino maintains and provides current demographic information. To see our current demographic statistics, please see Demographics and Market Area Information.

Industrial, Manufacturing, and Commercial/Retail

  1. What is a Recycling Market Development Zone (RMDZ)?
    The Chino Valley RMDZ is a State of California Integrated Waste Management Board-designated area that combines recycling with economic development to promote new business, expand existing ones, create jobs, and divert waste from landfills. All commercially-zoned land within the City of Chino is designated as an RMDZ.